Welcome to Robert D. Woods, DDS
Dentist Alpharetta GA
Tour Our Dental Office in Alpharetta
Alpharetta Dentist, Dr. Robert Woods, has been a staple in the local community and dental field for nearly three decades. After completing his residency with Emory University, Dr. Woods fell in love with North Atlanta and has since become a top dentist in cosmetic and implant dentistry in Alpharetta. With continuing education and a perseverance to provide outstanding service and professionalism, he and his team have proven that they cannot only maintain a flourishing Alpharetta dental practice, but a strong ethical and moral passion for helping others as well. Dr. Woods’ passion to contribute to the well being of others has pushed him to further distinguish himself among Alpharetta Dentists, as he is currently one of the areas’ only to obtain his Associate Fellow Status in the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. Dr. Woods also regularly attends the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons conference on Aesthetics and Dental Implants.
This unique knowledge and specialization in the dental field allows Dr. Woods to provide comprehensive care to his patients. In addition to improving the appearance of your smile, he will ensure that your smile is healthy and can last a lifetime.
At SmileScapes, we focus on providing you with the best in Cosmetic, Implant, Reconstructive Dentistry as well as your Family and General Dentistry needs. We offer comfort services such as nitrous oxide (Happy Gas) and oral sedation or twilight sleep, head phones for music. Happy Gas is always complementary. At SmileScapes, Dr. Woods, will give you the smile that you are proud to show off. Please view our Services page for a full list of dental solutions.
Upon your first visit, we will help you feel comfortable with an office tour and a warm greeting. Our team will continue to make you feel comfortable and at ease at each subsequent visit. We value your comfort and understand the importance of creating a positive experience for you. Please visit our About Us page to learn more about our dental team. Call us at 770-551-0808 to contact our Alpharetta Cosmetic Dental Office to schedule an appointment today!
Why should we be your Alpharetta Cosmetic Dentist?
Sometimes it can be difficult to choose a dentist. Certainly, it is important to understand what goes into this decision and what differentiates some dentists from others. Here are some key points on which we focus:
- We take an interest in your overall health and understand how the condition of your mouth, and not just your teeth, can contribute to a healthier, longer life. And how your health can contribute to the overall health of your mouth and smile.
- We take time to listen to your opinions and concerns. This will allow us to create an individualized treatment plan that is best for you.
- We are thorough. We take proper x-rays, inspect your entire mouth and cheeks instead of just your teeth, we do a full and thorough examination. We make every effort, including the use of “Oral ID” to detect oral cancer early as well as other problem areas. Early detection is key to effective treatment.
- We consider the long term durability, comfort and cosmetics when evaluating your treatment options.
- We stay up to date on the latest options available in cosmetic, implant and reconstructive dentistry.
- We will explain your multiple treatment options so that you understand the differences, outcomes, risks and costs associated with each. And we partner with you to determine your final plan.
Assessing the quality of your dental work
The quality of dental treatment is often evaluated by patients based on the experience or what their friends say. Much of what determines quality dental care is unseen, unfelt and unknown to the patient.
- First, Integrity; is of utmost importance, it does not matter how good a procedure is if you do not need it or if it is the wrong treatment. If the quality of the laboratory fabricated crown is poor, it won’t last. If the materials are untested or of inferior quality, what will be the impact? To often, price has impacted the decisions made in the quality of the products used resulting in inferior quality. A negative consequence of some of the discounted insurance plans.
- The Second, Ability; can the dentist deliver the goods? Much of what makes dental treatments durable with minimal complications and comfortable, lies in the skills of the surgeon or dentist. I discussed this issue with a surgeon, the chief of surgery over some 150 surgeons. I mentioned that in dentistry, there are a select few that truly have gifted hands and skills and that I had to assume the same was true with medical surgeons. His response was “yes, that is true, but soft tissue heals”. Not so with teeth; once scared, the work cannot be undone. How a tooth is prepared for a Cosmetic Veneer will have lasting impact on success or failure of the treatment. Most of what determines quality is not visible to the eye.
- Third; Knowledge and Wisdom; Many brilliant people, most dentists included, have untold volumes of knowledge, hours of continuing education, spent thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars on obtaining knowledge, but lack wisdom and understanding on how to use that knowledge. Very few procedures in dentistry are cook book. I have been asked often, “How many times have you done this?” The truth is, every time I start a procedure it is a new adventure in applying the knowledge and wisdom I have learned. Nothing we do is ever the same.
- Forth, Desire: A desire to consistently deliver the best, to strive for never ending improvement.
- And finally, Compassion: A good honest caring heart goes a long way.
Integrity, Ability, Knowledge and Wisdom, Desire, Compassion;
Here at SmileScapes, Dr. Woods insists that all members of the team poses all of these qualities.
It is important to understand whether or not you have received proper treatment once you have visited your Alpharetta Dentist. Here are some things you should think about after your next dental visit:
- How does your bite feel after treatment?
- Is the dental treatment you received irritating your gums?
- Does your treated tooth appear and blend in as your other teeth do in the mirror?
- Does your tongue or dental floss catch on your tooth?
- Did your dentist take the time to properly inspect your treatment when finished?
- Did they polish your fillings?
- Does it hurt when you drink hot or cold liquids?
- Was your mouth properly rinsed out and free of any debris after treatment?
- Did they use water spray to cool your mouth during treatment?
Your comfort, quality of dentistry and overall health are most important. Be sure to ask your dentist questions if there is something that doesn’t feel right or seems out of place with your treatment. Make sure to choose a dentist that allows enough time for treatment and has the experience and training to provide quality dental care.
Educating patients is important to Dr. Woods and the SmileScapes team. It is one of many reasons that our practice has become one of the most highly recommended dental offices in the Atlanta area. You should never settle for being ill informed or uneducated as to what is being done with your teeth and mouth. Your health is very important and it is why we strive to provide top quality dental care to each and every one of you. If you are looking for a dental provider in Alpharetta that cares about you, call Dr. Woods and the friendly team at SmileScapes.